Hi All

I have a very simple website for selling real estate - and I use a third party custmer management system - they give me free listings which I have showing within a listings page on my site.

(good so far) :)

My problem is when a user clicks a listing they go from www.mysite.com/listings.php to www.anirrelevantiste.com/withareallyuglyURL.htm

This means the user knows they have left my site and they see who my software provider is.

How can I make it so any click away to the domain www.anirrelevantiste.com/ shows in the address bar as www.mysite.com/listings.php (and appropriately making the user feel this is my listing from my site)

I have read lots of really techie stuff that talk about htacess, frames (which seem unpopular) and php ...but none seem relevant or solve the problem.

Does anyone have the golden bullet for me?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The only way that I know of how to do this is to provide an iframe that has the other site nested within it.

<iframe style="border-width:0px;" name="frame1" height="100%" width="100%" src="http://www.anirrelevantiste.com/withareallyuglyURL.htm"></iframe>

This is pretty much how your domain registrar does domain masking and it does work but anybody with any programming knowledge what so ever will be able to tell and if the user can tell I think it will actually lower your credibility.

I don't know if this is an answer to your question, but you can get the contents of the third party url and use it in your script! <a href="list.php">Click here to see the list </a>

//list.php
<?php
$contents = file('http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2005/02/secrets-of-domain-masking-how-it-works-for-you/');
foreach ($contents as $data) {
    echo $data;
}
?>

This will get the contents of the specified url and prints it.
Hope that helps!

lol, right on. They're askin for it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.