I'm not very good at MySQL stuff, so I need a little help with a problem I'm having.

I'm trying to make a script that will open up a text file and print the contents of the list onto the screen. Additionally I wanted the contents of the file (a.k.a. what was printed onto the screen) saved as individual rows in a MySQL database.

For the most part this works. But item's #41, #57, and #91 although printed onto the screen, are not entered in the database.

I have absolutely no clue why these three items would not be entered in the table!

Here's the code:

<head><title>Movie's</title></head>
<body>

<?php
//--------------------- Program Start ----------------------------

// Opens file, then sorts contents alphabetically.
$contents = file("./movies.txt");
$nummovies = count($contents);
sort($contents);

// Connects to mysql database.
mysql_connect("localhost","root","[password]") or die ("Unable to connect to MySQL server."); 
$db = mysql_select_db("god") or die ("Unable to select requested database.");

for($i = 0; $i < $nummovies; $i++)
{
$currstr = $contents[$i];                              // Get the current string from the array.
echo($i . ': '  . $currstr . '<br>');                     // Print the string's array index num, then the string. 
$query = "INSERT INTO nathan (movie) VALUES ('$i: $currstr')"; // Insert into table. should look identical to above.
mysql_query($query);                                // Send the query to MySQL server.
}

// Close the connection to the MySQL server.
mysql_close();            

//--------------------- Program End ------------------------------
?>

</body>
</html>

I'm not very good at MySQL stuff, so I need a little help with a problem I'm having.

I'm trying to make a script that will open up a text file and print the contents of the list onto the screen. Additionally I wanted the contents of the file (a.k.a. what was printed onto the screen) saved as individual rows in a MySQL database.

For the most part this works. But item's #41, #57, and #91 although printed onto the screen, are not entered in the database.

I have absolutely no clue why these three items would not be entered in the table!

Here's the code:
<body>

<?php

sort($contents);

mysql_connect("localhost","root","[password]") or die ("Unable to connect to MySQL server.");

{
$currstr = $contents[$i]; // Get the current string from the array.
echo($i . ': ' . $currstr . '<br>'); // Print the string's array index num, then the string.
$query = "INSERT INTO nathan (movie) VALUES ('$i: $currstr')"; // Insert into table. should look identical to above.
mysql_query($query); // Send the query to MySQL server.
}

mysql_close();

?>

</body>
</html>

Hi....use code tags...

try this below code...

<body>

<?php

sort($contents);

{
$currstr = $contents[$i];                              // Get the current string from the array.
echo($i . ': '  . $currstr . '<br>');  
[B]$a=$i . ': '  . $currstr ;[/B]                    // Print the string's array index num, then the string. 
$query = "INSERT INTO nathan (movie) VALUES ('[B]$a[/B]')"; // Insert into table. should look identical to above.
mysql_query($query) [B]or die(mysql_error())[/B];                                // Send the query to MySQL server.
}

mysql_close();            

?>

</body>
</html>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.