hey all. i was wondering what some of you think would be a great start for a shopping cart that integrates paypal for a web software. and that after they go through the payment process they will beable to create there account

i am just starting to get into ecommerce things.

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It usually works the other way around.

The shopper first needs to have an account, and only then he can proceed to payment.

The shopper must usually identify himself before paying, because most payment methods (such as paypal) require the shopper's email address and/or name, address, and such, before he can use their payment system to pay.

Once you have all this information, you could as well create an account for the shopper. You can, however, decide to activate his account, only after receiving payment.

If you don't mind using a fully done and supported cart instead of creating your own, zen-cart is widely used and enjoyed and has paypal, google checkout, and more built in.

http://www.zen-cart.com/

thanks i will look into that. i don't want to build my own i just want to be able to integrate it into my software

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.