can we achieve 3-tier architecture with out frameworks in php?

pls help. its interview question?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

If its an interview question then I'll make sure I've waited a day or so to answer you. Lying about things you don't know will not get you a job.

Na I doubt an interview question, prolly homework would be my best bet.
When you do explain could you also explain what is 3 tier architecture and its relation to frameworks in php? Thanks

3 tier = grand parent, parent, child?

Back to school for me it seems :D HA

Na I doubt an interview question, prolly homework would be my best bet.
When you do explain could you also explain what is 3 tier architecture and its relation to frameworks in php? Thanks

3 tier = grand parent, parent, child?

Back to school for me it seems :D HA

He's probably mistaken the term '3 tier' to mean MVC or Model, View and Controller. A lot of PHP frameworks (most) are based off of this design philosophy. In an MVC Framework the Model (the database in this case) acts separately of the View (any html output), and the Controller (any business logic) which controls it all. The main reason for this is so you don't have a bunch of database queries and PHP code in your template files.

I think he has his homework done for him now :D
Business logic would be, PHP or something?

I think he has his homework done for him now :D
Business logic would be, PHP or something?

Business logic just means any logic about how the program runs like when/how something should be updated in the database, etc. (Yes, PHP)

commented: Thanks for the school lession, MR C! +3

According to wikipedia (I know, not the best place for info) 3-tier consists of the presentation tier, application logic (business logic, ect) tier, and data tier. This is pretty much the workings of a webserver.
Presentation tier is anything outputted to the browser, application logic is the php code itself, and data tier is the database (MySQL,ect.).

I think it can exist without a framework. Linear coding can practice this from my understanding, but I could be wrong.

Also, 3-tier is different from MVC in the fact that 3-tier works in a linear way rather than MVCs' triangle approach.

Thats what I gathered but there both similar concepts I gather.
Well we can always all go back to school together...
Yes MR.GOOGLE im present... HA :S

guys i know about 3 architecture.

i m using smarty in my projects to keep presentation logic different from application logic. but that is 2 tier-architecture.

now i want to do work on 3 tier architecture without frameworks?

can we achieve this if yes? then how?

pls give a little example.

guys i know about 3 architecture.

i m using smarty in my projects to keep presentation logic different from application logic. but that is 2 tier-architecture.

now i want to do work on 3 tier architecture without frameworks?

can we achieve this if yes? then how?

pls give a little example.

no, you haven't showed the least bit of initiative to find answers on your own. So, no. I'm not going to give you an example.

no, you haven't showed the least bit of initiative to find answers on your own. So, no. I'm not going to give you an example.

i have done lot of googleing bt didn't find anything.
ok if you people not want to help others. then whats the benfit of
daniweb?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.