Hi how can i make a drop down menu usibg java script.... please help its urgent.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi how can i make a drop down menu usibg java script.... please help its urgent

They are normaly done in HTML.

<html>
   <body>
      <select name="menu">
         <option value="opt1">Option 1</option>
         <option value="opt2">Option 2</option>
         <option value="opt3">Option 3</option>
      </select>
   </body>
</html>

Is that what you mean? Please be more specific if not

hi how can i make a drop down menu usibg java script.... please help its urgent

use html to code the drop down menu , use ajax based fill up of elements in the drop down from some other ajax page in order not to refresh the page.

They are normaly done in HTML.

<html>
   <body>
      <select name="menu">
         <option value="opt1">Option 1</option>
         <option value="opt2">Option 2</option>
         <option value="opt3">Option 3</option>
      </select>
   </body>
</html>

Is that what you mean? Please be more specific if not

ACTUALLY I WAS ASKED TO MAKE A DROP DOWN MENU IN THE HOME PAGE,I WILL TRY YOUR CODES.. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP..eXPECTING THE SAME IN FUTURE

Hello,
Well, we've already created a drop down menu, what we need now goes like this. For example, there are 3 drop downs and the source was from 3 different fields from the database. Let's say there are 5 contents from each field. Then on the web page, we're going to choose an option from the first drop down, (so here's the problem) the next drop down should contain the contents matching for the chosen field. Its like, for example, you chose hamburger then the next options should be what type of hamburgers would you like. the 2nd drop down should only contain everything bout hamburgers and not with anything else. Please help us.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.