I am currently running IIS 7 on window vista business (64 bit) with PHP 5.3.1 installed and operating correctly. I have also installed PEAR and that is running correctly. What I want to do is use the Printer functions but can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. I have tried downloading PECL extension but when I go to: http://pecl.php.net/ and click on download newest it says file not found. So it is not exactly that I cannot get it to work, just cannot find and figure out how to install the extension.

So I am wondering if this has been removed in more recent versions of PHP? If I cannot use the PECL printer function, what else can I use?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Will

Ok after doing some more research (and searching the forum) I have obviously found others asking the same thing (without much help). Just to clarify, I want to be able to print to a printer connected on the host computer because this php script is not being used on the web it is being used on a computer that is both the host and end users computer. If I cannot use PHP for this, how can I do it.

Thanks,
Will

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.