I have created my online community portal.
I want to create simple blog using php and not want to use wordpress.
How can I create my own blog???
Please help me!

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

There are many others small script which can be use for it ...try to find in google ...

I do not want script of blog. There is best script WORDPRESS.
I am trying to create my own blog.

I do not want to add mutiple functionalities. I just want to add post, view post, reply post and add post in archive(sorting monthwise)

Please help for coding.

Anybody????????????

I do not want script of blog. There is best script WORDPRESS.
I am trying to create my own blog.

I do not want to add mutiple functionalities. I just want to add post, view post, reply post and add post in archive(sorting monthwise)

Please help for coding.

Anybody????????????

I do not want to use any script or wordpress
I want to create my blog from scratch.
I am working but there are many problems

I do not want to use any script or wordpress
I want to create my blog from scratch.
I am working but there are many problems

Didi you see this?
What problems are you facing?

<?PHP
print " i m KAAMI shah ";
?>

Member Avatar for diafol

1. Design a relational db in MySQL to hold your data.
2. Write the pHp to add/edit/delete posts.
3. Set up forms and display pages.

Your DB will be the vital element in this. Everything else is easy. How you relate threads/replies.

Member Avatar for diafol

You have a few options as to how you set up your DB - depends on the complexity. Do you allow anonymous posts or just members (logged in)? One method (using members model):

[users]
user_id;username;email;avatar_file;rights (etc)
[threads]
thread_id;user_id;title;datetime;body;tags
[replies]
reply_id;thread_id;user_id;datetime;comment;status (approved/pulled etc)

This is a really basic model, but that's what you're looking for, I believe.

As this is a relational DB, your MySQL SELECT queries will need to have INNER JOIN clauses.

You can build a 'protected' admin page to allow you to approve/delete/edit comments.

You need to decide whether you will allow HTML in the comments. If so, you may find using a WYSIWYG editor useful. There are loads out there, e.g. Spaw2, Yahoo!, TinyMCE, CKEditor, WYMEditor etc etc. Even if you don't want to use them for replies/comments, you probably would like to use them for threads (your blog posts).

Just a note - if using video / sound - your allowed bandwidth could be swallowed up very quickly by users playing your media. Blogger does all the hosting, so to do this, uploading video to YouTube or Vimeo and using the embed code could be useful.

If I may add my ten cents, I believe that CodeIgniter.com has a great 20 minute tutorial on creating a basic blog. Not sure if you consider CI "a feature", but its a great way to create applications without having to worry about internals. This way you can learn the structure and required parts before you have to dive in and start from scratch. You can use some of the models ardav described and implement them in CI as a starting point. After you understand how everything fits together, then move on to starting from scratch.
If you are one of those dive-in-and-try-it people, then by all means, disregard the above and take a shot at it. Post any questions you may have here or in a new appropriate thread.
--
For the purists out there, I'm not endorsing CI as a start to PHP. I believe it's much better to learn and be comfortable with PHP basics & OOP before using a framework. In this case, I think a framework could help illustrate relationships and basic functionality.

All the Best,
PhpMyCoder

If I may add my ten cents, I believe that CodeIgniter.com has a great 20 minute tutorial on creating a basic blog. .........................

For the purists out there, I'm not endorsing CI as a start to PHP. I believe it's much better to learn and be comfortable with PHP basics & OOP before using a framework. In this case, I think a framework could help illustrate relationships and basic functionality.

All the Best,
PhpMyCoder

I second PhpMyCoder on CI once you get passed the basic PHP and OOP
It is great framework thoug I have barely scratched the surface

Thanks Steve!
It is a great framework, though I am embarrassed to say that I haven't worked with it that much either. :D
Someone on the PHP form has to be a CI guru. If there isn't and vizz has a question about CI, I guess we have some reading to do...
-PhpMyCoder

EDIT: It's been so long since I've been on Daniweb, I almost forgot how strange the smilies looked!

Thanks Steve!
It is a great framework, though I am embarrassed to say that I haven't worked with it that much either. :D
Someone on the PHP form has to be a CI guru. If there isn't and vizz has a question about CI, I guess we have some reading to do...
-PhpMyCoder

EDIT: It's been so long since I've been on Daniweb, I almost forgot how strange the smilies looked!

I will be making Big PHP project in few months to come and I will use CI so slowly I'm getting familiar with it. Controllers/Views are Just breeze and I'm learning how to do "messy" things in Models.

Yeah, the MVC usually doesn't vary between frameworks; you only have to get used to the little quirks (such as CI Models) and extras. If your ambitious enough, you could design your own framework (something I've been working on as a side project), but thats a lot of work compared to downloading & learning CI!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.