hi all, i am new to wordpress. i am developing one sample theme. i created 5pages. i dont know how to set my home as index page. when i click my theme logo it must redirect to index.php it redirected but dynamic home page content are not displayed it displays default contents.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi all, i am new to wordpress. i am developing one sample theme. i created 5pages. i dont know how to set my home as index page. when i click my theme logo it must redirect to index.php it redirected but dynamic home page content are not displayed it displays default contents.

you need to edit the header.php file and this <?php echo get_option('home'); ?> should be set as the logo link
for ex:
<div id="header">
<h1><a href="<?php echo get_option('home'); ?>/" id="logo"></a></h1></div>

and you can edit the default home page in setting->reading your home page can show the latest posts or a static page

To show up the existing data in the edit form, you will select the data based on the unique id of the data you are editing. If you study some database management script examples from net, you will be able to do it on your own. If you have no prior hand information on programming, you may take help up another PHP programmer to do this task.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.