I am trying to send mail using php. But it shows error as failed to connect with mailserver 'localhost'. Then i use smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com as SMTP mail server, then it shows SMTP error 530, Authentication required.. I don't know how to pass smtp username and password through php.ini file.. If anybody have better ideas, please suggest me.. I am struggling to solve this for more days. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.....

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

If you are using the mail() function, then authentication is not possible. You may need to use a tool like XMailer, PHPMailer or PEAR:Mail

Yes.. I used PHP mailer and it works wonderful in localhost server. But in live server, it does not work. So only i moved to use mail function. This also works fine but attachments not attached as a file. Attached as a encoded message inside body of mail. That's my problem.

Sorry.. I can't access that page u specified because of some security restrictions that i have... Below i paste my code... Now just consider my above quote and expected some good ideas from you all pls...

<?php
/*session_start();

if(isset($_SESSION['cnt']))
{
$_SESSION['cnt']=$_SESSION['cnt']+1;
}
else
{
$_SESSION['cnt']=1;
}

$ct=$_SESSION['cnt'];*/

$filesize=$_FILES['uploadval']['size']; 

$filetype=$_FILES['uploadval']['type']; 

$file_tmp=$_FILES['uploadval']['tmp_name'];

/*print_r($_FILES);
exit;*/
	$target_path="uploads/";

require_once("phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php");

if((($filetype=="text/plain")  || ($filetype=="application/msword" )))
    	{ 
          if ($filesize<=(1048576 *2 ))
        {

if(file_exists($target_path.$_FILES['uploadval']['name']))
	{
	unlink($target_path.$_FILES['uploadval']['name']);
	}

if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['uploadval']['tmp_name'],$target_path.$_FILES['uploadval']['name']))
	{

$file=$target_path.$_FILES['uploadval']['name'];

$mail = new PHPMailer();
	$mail->IsSMTP();
	$mail->Host = 'smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com';
	$mail->Port=25;
	$mail->SMTPAuth = true;
	$mail->Username ='aaa@bbb.com';
	$mail->Password ='abcd';

/*$mail->From="mailer@example.com";
	$mail->FromName="My site's mailer";
	$mail->Sender="mailer@example.com";
	$mail->AddReplyTo("replies@example.com", "Replies for my site");*/

$comments = $_REQUEST['comments'];

$mail->AddAttachment($file); // add attachments, uploadval - is the id of the file control

$mail->AddAddress("xxx@yyy.com");

$mail->Subject = "Resume";

$mail->IsHTML(true);
	$mail->Body = "<p><h3>comments :".$comments."</h3></p>";
	$mail->AltBody="This is text only alternative body.";

if(@!$mail->Send())
	{
 	  echo "Error sending: " . $mail->ErrorInfo;
	}
	else
	{
  	 echo "Thanks for uploading your resume in our website";
	}
	}
	else
	{
	echo "Sorry.. Unable to upload your Resume... Please try again later..";
	echo $mail->ErrorInfo;
	}
	}
     else
     {
    echo "OOps!File Size Exceeds 2MB.. Unable to send.";
   exit;
        }
         }
       else
        {
    echo "Please attach .doc or .txt file.";
      exit;

}

?>

This works fine when i worked with localhost... But, i host it in live server, it displays nothing and mail doesn,t sent... I am struggling with this for days... Immediate help needed....

If you do not get errors, put in some echo statements, so you can at least see up to where the script runs.

Hmmm.... That also i tried... See in line 21.. i put print_r() function (executed without exit;).. it displays the uploaded file details... after that i won't get any execution detail.. only blank page.. whats the problem..?

Hmmm.... That also i tried... See in line 21.. i put print_r() function (executed without exit;).. it displays the uploaded file details... after that i won't get any execution detail.. only blank page.. whats the problem..?

why you use the $mail->IsSMTP(); of phpMailer you can use the $mail->IsMail(); function of phpMailer and this function not required the mail.server authentication.

Are you sure the phpmailer directory is correct. It is case sensitive, so make sure.

No probs.. that directory is perfect... It is already working better in localhost and in the live server only i got this problem... I checked all of that.. But still its irritating....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.