Hi my name is Jason and i am trying to make a web application that allows an end user to create daily journals about themselves and allow the end user to write entries and read previously stored entries using php. please help

this is what i got so far

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html lang="EN" dir="ltr" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>LoadSonnet</title>
<style type = "text/css">
body{
background-color:darkred;
color: white;
font-family: 'Brush Script MT', script;
font-size: 1.5em;
text-align: center;
}
</style>

</head>
<body>
<div>
<?php
$fp = fopen("sonnet76.txt", "r");

//first line is title
$line = fgets($fp);
print "<h1>$line</h1>\n";

//print rest of sonnet
while (!feof($fp)){
$line = fgets($fp);
print "$line <br />\n";
} // end while

fclose($fp);

?>
</div>
</body>
</html>

You haven't had any replies because what you are asking for goes beyond the normal definition of "help". If you want collaborators, then you should be posting in the Project Partners Wanted forum. Realistically however; you would have to ask what you are bringing to the table and why anyone else would want to spend their time helping you or collaborating. With what you have posted it is a bit like saying:
"I'd like to build a bicycle. I have a few spokes: here let me show you. Please help."

In terms of what you would like to build, it has probably been done many, many times before. If you would like to use this as a learning process, then I suggest that you download an existing system, study it and make some improvements to it. If you are serious about this, then you will have to be prepared to do a lot more work and research before you ask for help. One existing PHP Journal system that you could start with is this one.

commented: You were really polite chris - I wouldn't have been +7
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.