I use following code to Upload images to Web Server. But it shows successfully uploaded and even it shows image exists when i try to reload the same. But i cant see those in my Document root. I use Godaddy Windows hosting. Please Help me. Thanks.

if ((($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/gif")
|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/jpeg")
|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/pjpeg"))
&& ($_FILES["file"]["size"] < 20000))
  {
  if ($_FILES["file"]["error"] > 0)
    {
    echo "Return Code: " . $_FILES["file"]["error"] . "<br />";
    }
  else
    {
    echo "Upload: " . $_FILES["file"]["name"] . "<br />";
    echo "Type: " . $_FILES["file"]["type"] . "<br />";
    echo "Size: " . ($_FILES["file"]["size"] / 1024) . " Kb<br />";
    echo "Temp file: " . $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"] . "<br />";

if (file_exists("../uploads" . $_FILES["file"]["name"]))
      {
      echo $_FILES["file"]["name"] . " already exists. ";
      }
    else
      {
      move_uploaded_file($_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"],
      "../uploads".' $_FILES["file"]["name"]);
       echo "Stored in: " . "../uploads" . $_FILES["file"]["name"];
      }
    }
  }
else
  {
  echo "Invalid file";

}

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I hesitate to say this, but. . .

From the look of your code, if you uploaded kitty.jpg it should be stored as /uploadskitty.jpg. Was that your intent?

A couple of other items, just for your amusement. :) 20k is really small for an image, you might consider making it 200K.

If you want to allow PNG uploads the mime types you'll need to add are 'image/png' and 'image/x-png'

I hesitate to say this, but. . .

From the look of your code, if you uploaded kitty.jpg it should be stored as /uploadskitty.jpg. Was that your intent?

A couple of other items, just for your amusement. :) 20k is really small for an image, you might consider making it 200K.

If you want to allow PNG uploads the mime types you'll need to add are 'image/png' and 'image/x-png'

That is not there in the server by any Name.
When i try with '../uploads/' it says Permission denied. I have full access to that folder.

What can be the problem?

I have solved this problem. Thanks for your repply. That was a Permission problem from the server. That was solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.