I'm not sure if this should be in this forum but I figured it was a good starting place. I am creating a database that, among other things, allows users to input a store's location (e.g. name, address, etc). Once a store has been added, there is an ability to go into a single store's "page" to view all of it's information including name, contact info, reviews, comments, etc. What I would really like is the ability for a Google Map to generate automatically when the page loads with the store's name and address listed (and pulled up in the window).

Does anyone have any idea as to how this might work or, better yet, anyone have any experience doing this first hand?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I believe this one has a simpler approach. What you need is two columns in your table latitude and longitude then just use them to insert a Google map with them as location. Before that get acquaintance with Google Map and make your own JavaScript function to make it easy for you (in order PHP to call only these functions with longitude / latitude). Of course after that you could make a step further adding what kind of icon you like for spot and what info for the bubble box in your database.

I believe this one has a simpler approach. What you need is two columns in your table latitude and longitude then just use them to insert a Google map with them as location. Before that get acquaintance with Google Map and make your own JavaScript function to make it easy for you (in order PHP to call only these functions with longitude / latitude). Of course after that you could make a step further adding what kind of icon you like for spot and what info for the bubble box in your database.

I guess the next question then would be how to I figure out Longitude/Latitude based on a complete address?

Hi,

Its very simple you just need to create database in MySQL. Suppose your database will be as under.

You need to make database which contains following:

Store Name
Add1
Add2
City
Pincode
Latitude
Longitude

After creating and filling some data in it you need to Integrate google map in to your website which work based on Lan & Lon.

When ever the particular store link clicked, the Lat,and Lon retrieved based on store id and passed to Google Map to display marker at that Lat & Lon.

See the step by step tutorial How To integrate Google Map. On this tutorial Google Map implimantation explained with example.

I am using the Amerra Connect SDK to show the map by searching a physical address. It requires just one line to call a function if you have the Amerra Connect SDK.

See this post for more information.

For searching "45 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10111", you just need:

<?php
    include("../lib/AmerraConnect.php");
    $amerraconnect = new AmerraConnect();
    echo $amerraconnect->showMap("45 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10111", "Rockefeller Center", "800", "800");
?>

For more information, visit http://www.amerraconnect.com.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.