$sources = _ajax_get_news_sources();
                    foreach ($sources as $key => $value) {
                        print ("<option value=\"$key\">$value</option>\n");
                    }
                    ?>
                    </select>
                    <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
                </form>

When the user selects a value from the list, I want to take that value and pass it into a PHP function and return a list of IDs. Once I have the source value and the IDs, I want to update my URL with those values. My entire code is as follows

<?php
                       $source_var = $_GET['sel_source_zero'];
                       $action_zero = "/news/date/"._ajax_condition_ids_final_unique_plus_seperated($source_var)."/$source_var";
                ?>

<script type="text/javascript">
                $("#sel_source_zero").change(function (){
                $.ajax()
                });
                </script>

<form name="source_form" method="get">
                    <select id="sel_source_zero" name="sel_source_zero">
                    <?php
                    $sources = _ajax_get_news_sources();
                    foreach ($sources as $key => $value) {
                        print ("<option value=\"$key\">$value</option>\n");
                    }
                    ?>
                    </select>
                    <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
                </form>

I have approached this problem by first trying to store the selected value ($("sel_source_zero").value()) into a PHP variable using AJAX. This is where I got stuck. I am trying to use $.ajax() function from jQuery appended to Drupal, but I'm not sure how to approach this. If I can some how store the JavaScript variable into PHP variable then I will be able to use my new converted to PHP source variable and pass that into my function to get the list of IDs and then update my URL. But I'm not even sure if this is the right approach. If anyone can point me in the right direction to how I can update my URL with the selected value and returned PHP values returned from a function that uses the selected value as it's parameter, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm not completely sure what your asking..but if you want to change the url, the php code goes like this:

echo "<script type='text/javascript'>window.location = '".$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']."?' + '(whatever you need after the URL)';</script>";

I would recommend passing the variables by $_GET

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.