Its kind of complicated.well iam trying to create a search form,where the output will be like :
Found (a number) results:
Name:
Surname:
[View Button1]

Name:
Surname:
[View Button2] and so on,depented on the results of query.

i am calling a fun on pageload.in that i create the buttons,and i am thinking before the append command to call another function to write the
Name:
Surname: . how can i do that? hope you get what i mean, thnx in advance

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Why not create them as links as opposed to buttons.

Isn't this what Google does?

yea i was thinking of that,but it is better looking with buttons i guess.anw proplem sovled

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Perhaps maybe posting a quick snippet of the solution so others who have a similar problem might be able to learn from you.

Member Avatar for diafol

IF solved, don't worry, but with iamthwee here, make a link with a css background sprite. I imagine that's the standard method. Placing a html button outside a form scenario probably isn't a semantic use. Perhaps I'm being pedantic.

oh you think ardav? i am beginer at php so you maybe right.to be honest i learn php from tutorials and some ebooks! i am working on a college degree project so i hope everything will go smooth :P

Member Avatar for diafol

Ok :)

Mind you this is pure html/css, it shouldn't depend on php. php may produce the list with the button/link, but the actual button display will be down to the html tag and attribute (e.g. class or id) and the css applied to it (e.g. hover, active states).

cause its a quite big project, i am making first all of php html forms and mysql connections and later on i will do the css ! maybe a bad call...if so i ll be just make it yourway ardav !

hello friends my question is same

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.