Hello everyone,

I want to build on a project and make a website like youtube just for fun, nothing really special, can I get code already that has been programmed? Or should I go for a whole new code, ofcourse I don't want to copy youtube, just make a website LIKE youtube and apply some new features that I code myself. And maybe I want to get a star rating in it? Where do I need to start?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Oke nevermind, I am going to code it myself, thanks for the information.
But where to start if I want to code myself?
Ofcourse I can get somethings out of your link but I want to build in special features? Can this be done in there? And better designs? Because http://bikerpunks.com/ is not my idea of a good video site.

theres a bunch of pre made youtube sites out there, but they are all free scripts and hav a lot of bugs!
if you can code one yourself then id suggest doing it, as from experience of pre made sites, i have spent the past 12 months ironing out the kinks in a script!

use premade scripts for ideas
sometimes the mistakes give the best information on how not to do it
continue to describe your site as you are, "I dont want to copy"... then if it does take off there can be less bite back from other sites legal dept.
the next question should be, where to get script resources
good luck to ya

use premade scripts for ideas
sometimes the mistakes give the best information on how not to do it
continue to describe your site as you are, "I dont want to copy"... then if it does take off there can be less bite back from other sites legal dept.
the next question should be, where to get script resources
good luck to ya

Tyty, to be honest i just wanted to try so it's nothing special. And the next question is a very good one yes haha, maybe at hotscripts.com? Do you know any other script sites?

Thanks for answering all!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.