I've been trying to test out my first website on the following free hosting service for the moment: http://members.000webhost.com/cpanel.php?accountID=6800891&login_hash=xakt1MTI3NQX1Q1z and it seems that the mysql connection isnt working. I get the following errors...

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'Myname'@'10.1.1.34' (using password: YES) in /home/a3793016/public_html/reviews.php on line 35

Free Web Hosting
Could not connect: Access denied for user 'Myname'@'10.1.1.34' (using password: YES)

Also, I'm not sure if I need to make a separate mysql database with separate tables on the hosting service. currently I've just been connecting to the database through localhost/phpmyadmin and I use localhost/myfolder/index.php to access my homepage and the rest of my site. I realise the site needs to be uploaded but am I suppose to upload the whole mysql database as or something.

I am new to this so I don't have too much knowledge about this error stuff, hopefully someone out there will shed some light.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

000webhost has an FAQ and a Forum where you can look up previous questions and answers or post a new one. That's what you should be using to get an answer to your questions.

Their FAQ section has 3 questions and their answers and they don't seem to be applicable to me. If you know I'd appreciate if you just told me.

I can't know what your connect string is supposed to look like or if your database is set up correctly. I am suspicious that your string 'Myname'@'10.1.1.34' should really have your user name not 'Myname' but maybe it's ok, I don't know. The people on the forum for that web host would have much more specific info than you will get here.

you are making wrong connection config for your site.

Open your cpanel and check : 1st location of the database, name of database (for prefix), username and password,
Open your site config file, where you have inputted your host,name,pass and recheck if you have entered wrong information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.