I am setting up a secure area of a web site that will be accessible to members only. Members may or may not pay their yearly membership dues online through our web site. The membership year is from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. I want to give the paid members a grace period to Jan. 31 of the following year before they are automatically blocked from members only access.

Since they may or may not pay their dues through the web site, and may not have Internet access except through someone else's computer, a work computer or a public computer, and, therefore, may not have an eMail address to use, I assume I will need to manually input their info and mambership paid to date info. To simplify things, I can make the paid to date Jan. 31, 2XXX. However, this is the only manual thing I want to do. I want everyhting else to be automatic.

How do I create a registration form that will allow the paid member to select a screen name and password, that will then check my database to make sure they have paid their dues until at least the following Jan. 31, and, if that is true, update the database with their username and chosen password? After that, whenever the login, the login form should check the memberswhip dues paid to date and only allow access only if the paid to date is past the current date.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

How do I create a registration form that will allow the paid member to select a screen name and password, that will then check my database to make sure they have paid their dues until at least the following Jan. 31, and, if that is true, update the database with their username and chosen password?

How much php do you know? This sounds like a very basic login/registration system. Google it or search this forum. You will get hundreds if not thousands of hits.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.