What's up everyone.

A few months ago I followed a website tutorial on how to make a custom CMS and it worked for me on my web server. Well I just recently installed MySQL + phpMyAdmin on my laptop under the localhost of my machine (i have a mac if that helps with this).

Well, I took those files off my server and put them onto my local host to try and expand it's capabilies offline. When I load the php page I get a blank page. I'm pretty sure I called the correct database.

My files look like this:

• HD:Users:mporter:Sites:visualDropCMS (this is the directory where the php is installed)
  • HD:Users:mporter:Sites:phpMyAdmin (this is hwere the phpMyAdmin is installed)

Does the problem come about because I dont have phpMyAdmin within the visualDropCMS folder?

This is what the database call within my php file looks like.

<?php

include_once('_class/visualDropCMS.php');
      $obj = new visualDropCMS();
      $obj->host = 'localhost';
      $obj->username = 'root';
      $obj->password = '********';
      $obj->table = 'vDCMSPosts';
      $obj->connect();

if ( $_POST )
        $obj->write($_POST);

echo ( $_GET['admin'] == 1 ) ? $obj->display_admin() : $obj->display_public();

?>

Any help would be amazing even if it pointing me towards reading more because I am willing to learn.

• Matt

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Figured it out.

Hello Matt , pattmorter
You didn’t even described the problem , but I am happy that you figured it out. So mark it as solved and next time describe what you are asking if you want answers ….

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.