Hello every one,

i want to make a programme that read data from .xls file. a sql table will create on the basis of top row of the xls file, and rest rows will treated as data and inserted into the table.

actually i am working for a office, their employees are making reports in xls file. all the files are different format. i want that my php programme read xls file and create a table in sql and insert data in it. top row of xls file is used to create table.

plz help me to do this.

thanks

Gajendra

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you export your XLS as CSV, then MySQL can import it with LOAD DATA. Here's a thread about it.

commented: same as i would do +6

To confirm it I really doubt there will be any way to import a xls into mysql - microsoft has xls files saved in an encrypted format that you need a program to translate - I would do what Pritaeas says and you can make the top row using the headers in the file etc.

wow i stand corrected, i just saw that phpexcel in the link - could well be possible with that but i've never used it. I'd switch to csv if possible it's a universally accepted format for data

could well be possible

With PhpExcel you still need PHP coding to get everything into MySQL.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.