I was just wondering what is the function of php framework, such as codeigniter. Does it really makes the process of programming faster?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Does it really makes the process of programming faster?

That's debatable. Especially with CodeIgniter, I'm not sure it makes things faster aside from offering a bunch of libraries that save you the trouble of reinventing the wheel. But I'm not convinced that the boilerplate of a framework is any less time consuming than piecing things together manually.

However, unless you're well versed in large scale code organization, the framework will help keep things clean. PHP doesn't exactly encourage good design, so and can get out of hand very quickly.

PHP Framework have the following Features:
MVC: Indicates whether the framework comes with inbuilt support for a Model-View-Controller setup.
Multiple DB's: Indicates whether the framework supports multiple databases without having to change anything.
ORM: Indicates whether the framework supports an object-record mapper, usually an implementation of ActiveRecord.
DB Objects: Indicates whether the framework includes other database objects, like a TableGateWay.
Templates: Indicates whether the framework has an inbuilt template engine.
Caching: Indicates whether the framework includes a caching object or some way other way of caching.
Validation: Indicates whether the framework has an inbuilt validation or filtering component.
Ajax: Indicates whether the framework comes with inbuilt support for Ajax.
Auth Module: Indicates whether the framework has an inbuilt module for handling user authentication.
Modules: Indicates whether the framework has other modules, like an RSS feed parser, PDF module or anything else (useful).
EDP: Event Driven Programming.

and you can find many php frameworks at http://www.phpframeworks.com
the best top 10 php frameworks at http://www.phpframeworks.com/top-10-php-frameworks/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.