reg warning plz help me.... thanks in advance

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\trail\index.php:1) in C:\xampp\htdocs\trail\index.php on line 2

whenever i run this file.... i will get a warning like this... i will attach the login page... after i will logged in i will get this same warning....

i am new to php.... pls help me.......

i gave the pages... with CSS.............

// index.php
<?php
session_start();
ob_start();
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Book Store Template, Free CSS Template, CSS Website Layout</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="Book Store Template, Free CSS Template, CSS Website Layout, CSS, HTML" />
<meta name="description" content="Book Store Template, Free CSS Template, Download CSS Website" />
<link href="book_style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>
<body>
<!--  Free CSS Templates from www.book.com -->
<div id="book_container">
<div id="book_menu">
<ul>
<li>
<?php
//echo $_SESSION['username'];
if(!empty($_SESSION['username']))

echo '<lil><a href="logout.php">Logout</a></lil>';
echo '<lil><a href="order_tracking.php">Tracking</a></lil>';
echo '<lil><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><&&&&&&>

Featured Replies in this Discussion

• The trouble is in your first line: ... You use php comment outside of ... block so it is not treated as php code but as html code. That means that you send html before calling session_start() and ob_start() which is incorrect since both functions have to be started before ANY output is sent. Simply remove the first line or put it within a ... block. ...
    Post Contains: Code
LastMitch
Deleted Member

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\trail\index.php:1) in C:\xampp\htdocs\trail\index.php on line 2

It means you already send your header 2 times meaning this session_start();.

It should be only 1 session_start();.

It has nothing to do with the CSS file.

I'm not sure why you post it.

The trouble is in your first line:

// index.php
<?php
session_start();
ob_start();
?>

You use php comment outside of <?php ?> block so it is not treated as php code but as html code. That means that you send html before calling session_start() and ob_start() which is incorrect since both functions have to be started before ANY output is sent. Simply remove the first line or put it within a <?php ?> block.

<?php
// index.php
session_start();
ob_start();
?>

my coding starts frm <?php.....
i just differentiate for u... thats y i started with // index page... its not in my coding....

OK. There are two things that vome to my mind:

• there is some outbut (mybe a space or newline) before session_start(). Make sure session_start() on the very top of the script and nothing else is before it.
  • your php.ini has session.cache_limiter set up incorrectly, try setting it to:

session.cache_limiter = public

(found this on google, not sure if it solves the problem of yours)

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article