Hi Everybody,

Had a website transferred from Windows to Linux server, and ever since, I've had an error coming up when attempting to login - meaning that I can never actually enter the secure area of the website.

I can login (i.e. press the login button) without error - however, when the script is checking the values against those in the database, it produces the following error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/96/9375396/tmp/sess_jleahbvtcmehn0b0plg6ktccr7, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/96/9375396/html/console/include/code/checkDetails.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/96/9375396/html/console/include/code/checkDetails.php:3) in /home/content/96/9375396/html/console/include/code/checkDetails.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/96/9375396/html/console/include/code/checkDetails.php:3) in /home/content/96/9375396/html/console/include/code/checkDetails.php on line 3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/96/9375396/html/console/include/code/checkDetails.php:3) in /home/content/96/9375396/html/console/include/code/checkDetails.php on line 72

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/chroot/home/content/96/9375396/tmp/sess_jleahbvtcmehn0b0plg6ktccr7, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0

Unfortunately, I cannot work out where I am going wrong - I had heard that it is possible something to do with an ini file (however I don't have one?), or to do with too many sessions being started, which I have checked and there isn't.
I'd be grateful if you could help with my dilema! :D

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

contact your server provider
You server is configured to save cookys to /var/chroot/home/content/96/9375396/tmp/
But that diretory appears not to exist

Thanks for your response - I've just sent an email to GoDaddy, hopefully they'll sort it out!

Definitely nothing to do (or could be changed) with the php.ini file?

Member Avatar for diafol

SHow your code for the offending file.

Hi,
GoDaddy reckons that it wasn't their fault - however, found a fix:
Before session_start();
I added session_save_path('/filepath/to/temp/folder');

Member Avatar for diafol

OK, if this issue is solved, please mark it so by pressing the button below.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.