Hello,

there is lot of discussions and articles about xdebug but I cannot make it working. Everything I do by those writings does not work.

I am using wamp server php 5.3.8 on windows and sublime text 2.

Tries setting sublime project this way:

{
    "folders":
    [
        {
            "path": "/D/projektai/glab"
        }
    ],
    "settings": {
        "xdebug": { "url": "darius.lt" }
    }
}

and installed xdebug plugin for sublime. Nothing happens. I made breakpoints in the code with F8.

Also tried chrome extention xdebug helper. Does not show anythign. I dont even understand how this extention will know where in sublime I made breakpoints.

Also tried downloading XDC: XDebugClient. ALso does not work - when I start - it shows message "Unable to create listening sockeet: Only one usage of each socket address (protoclo/network adress/port) is normally permitted. I turned off xdebug chorme extention so what else is listening I dont get.

Btw I also downloaded .dll file and put in the directory as in php.ini settings:

zend_extension = "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.8/zend_ext/php_xdebug-2.2.3-5.3-vc9-x86_64.dll"

[xdebug]
;xdebug.remote_enable = off
;xdebug.profiler_enable = off
;xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger = off
;xdebug.profiler_output_name = cachegrind.out.%t.%p
;xdebug.profiler_output_dir = "c:/wamp/tmp"

;vietoj auskciau esanciu i pastinau sita:
xdebug.remote_enable = 1
xdebug.remote_handler = dbgp
xdebug.remote_host = darius.lt
xdebug.remote_port = 9000
xdebug.remote_log = /tmp/xdebug.log

I dont see any log in my wamp tmp folder. Is there a simple xdebug program that works or at least shows explainations what is wrong?

Tried changing port to 9001 in php.ini and XDC XDebugClient and now at least it connects but get status message:
[09:05:13] (-) Waiting for xdebug to connect

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When you write "path": "/D/projektai/glab" the segment /D/ stands for D:\?

I see also a call to /tmp/ but this is a *nix path, not windows; if you have a tmp folder, for example in C:, you will have to set: C:/tmp/xdebug.log but check with documentation, in Windows I'm not sure if you can use backslashes \ or slahes /.

You can also get custom installation instructions by submitting the output of php -i > output.txt to this page: http://xdebug.org/wizard.php

When you write "path": "/D/projektai/glab" the segment /D/ stands for D:\?

yes, this was automatically generated, I did not write this.

I did use automatic instalation instructions, with phpinfo output pasting it into textarea. But that is not enough probably.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.