I am doing a project using the windows azure mobile service, and i want to implement it on php page,
is it possible to make it on php page instead of html?

because on the tutorial only have html and they are using other localhost as well

Help!!!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Am not quite sure what you're asking. Can you try to explain with a little more detail?

Hi,

check this out..

Thanks @veedeoo,

but i think the sdk is for building php on azure server,
how to make it available for azure mobile service?

Hi,

Sorry, I thought it would be something to be considered. I can honestly say that I never coded an application targeting the windows mobile users.. I did a few for android and apple, but have never considered writing for the windows powered mobile.

After looking at the source codes from the tutorial, it is clear that azure can run on linux, apple, and IIS servers. However, for the linux it has to have a python installed in it, as shown by the bash codes below

#!/bin/bash

# Check that Python is available
command -v python >/dev/null 2>&1 || {
    echo >&2 "Cannot find python. Either:
      - Install python
      - Or, serve the quickstart files from an alternative web server such as Apache."
    exit 1
}

# Go to the directory containing the www files (one level above where this script is)
# and then start the simple web server
pushd `dirname $0` > /dev/null
cd ..
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000

# Finally, return to the original directory
popd > /dev/null

I am not going to create a tutorial on python, but I just want to point out a promising argument from the bash above..

see this?

Or, serve the quickstart files from an alternative web server such as Apache."

Analogy wise, that is pretty promising.. meaning that if you upload your apps to any linux server and if does not have any python in it, then it can utilize an alternative web server and in this case, the arguments specifically defined Apache as an alternative.

Therefore, if this particular application can utilize Apache as a webserver where PHP might just be around the corner , PHP can be easily bridge to co-exist or even render the contents for the azure app.

Try searching more on google.. I am highly confident this can be done, because the azure content is also written in html and lots of jquery in it. It is possible to run it in PHP, because PHP can utilize PDO wrapper to connect the SQL database for the azure.

Thanks @veedeoo for your answer.

Just a simple question, can php work together with html5?

Yes, it can. I wish I was able to looked into the windows apps, but I never did until now..

for exmaple,

echo '<!DOCTYPE HTML>
      <html>
      <head>
      <title>
      </title>
      <body>
      </body>
      </html>';

Once you figure out how to get the azure web server to work with PHP, your php file for the apps can be something like this..BUT it should access the SQL database by way of PDO wrapper..

By the way, if you provide the azure.js a jquery file, codes below might work.. except, for the database.. jquery is enough to simulate the response onclick for the new apps..

<?php

$page_data = array(

'title'=>'Windows Azure',
                 'description'=> 'Mobile Services',
                 'footer' => 'yoursiteDotCom 2013'
                 );

$menu_data = array(
                'home' => 'Home',
                'about' => 'About',
                'contact' =>'someone@someDomainDotCom'
                );              

?>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <title>Sample: get started with data</title>

<!--[if lt IE 9]><script src="http://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/html5shiv/3.6.1/html5shiv.js"></script><![endif]-->
   <style rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
           /* Reset and define common styles */
        * { box-sizing: border-box; -moz-box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0; padding: 0; }
        body { font-family: Arial, Helvetica; background-color: #e0e0e0; }
        button { border: 1px solid #999; color: #555; background-color: #F4F4FA; padding: 0 10px; }
        button:hover { background-color: white; }
        input[type=text], input:not([type]) { padding: 0 10px; text-overflow: ellipsis; }

/* Main page structure and masthead style */
    #wrapper { max-width: 800px; margin: auto; padding: 20px; }
    article { background-color: white; box-shadow: 0 0 12px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75); border-radius: 10px; }
    header { background-color: #71BCFA; padding: 20px; border-top-left-radius: 10px; border-top-right-radius: 10px; }
    header h1 { text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; color: #545353; font-size: 28px; }
    header h2 { text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; color: white; font-size: 20px; }
    #summary { text-align: center; padding: 8px 0; }

/* "Add new" form */
    #add-item { height: 40px; margin: 17px 0 5px 0; font-size: 1.1em }
    #add-item div { overflow: hidden; }
    #add-item button { float: right; margin-left: 10px; padding: 0 10px; height: 100%; border-radius: 4px; }
    #new-item-text { width: 100%; height: 40px; border: 1px solid #999; font-size: 1em; border-radius: 4px; }

/* List of items */
    #todo-items li { list-style-type: none; height: 36px; padding: 0px 5px; border-bottom: 1px solid #dadada;  }
    .item-complete { float: left; margin: 0 8px 0 15px; height: 100%; }
    .item-delete { float: right; margin: 5px; margin-right: 15px; height: 26px; }

/* Textboxes in list of items */
    #todo-items li div { overflow: hidden; padding: 5px 2px; }
    .item-text { width: 100%; height: 26px; line-height: 24px; border: 1px solid transparent; background-color: transparent; }
    .item-text:focus, .item-text:hover { border-color: #aaa; background-color: #FFC; }

/* Footer */
    footer { text-align: center; font-size: 0.8em; margin-top: 20px; }
    footer a { color: #666; }

</style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div id='wrapper'>
            <article>
                <header>
                    <h2><?php echo $page_data['title'];?></h2>
                    <h1><?php echo $page_data['description'];?></h1>

<form id='add-item'>
                    <button type='submit'>Add</button>
                    <div><input type='text' id='new-item-text' placeholder='Enter new task' /></div>
                </form>
            </header>

<ul id='todo-items'></ul>
            <p id='summary'>Loading...</p>
        </article>

<footer>
            <a href=''>
                <?php echo $page_data['footer'];?>
            </a>
        </footer>
    </div>

<script src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.0.min.js'></script>
    <!--<script src='**APP_URL**/client/MobileServices.Web-1.0.0.min.js'></script>-->
    <script src='azure/app.js'></script>
</body>
</html>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.