I am a total php newbie and hope to find someone who could help on a few issues:
Site CMS=joomla 2.5; the component breezingforms/contentbuilder requires certain php code to link a field to a task i.e. referring to a URL. I have more detail for someone willing to help.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

let me know what is the issue may be i help you when i know the issue

Id like to link the username entered with breezingforms and listed in a contentbuilder output table to the respective user in uddeIM (an internal messaging system).
the php code suggestion we received from the developer of uddeIM (below) does not work, maybe wrong tags?

<?php
$user = JFactory::getUser();
?><a href="/<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&runame='.$user-get('username'));
?>">PM</a>

http://catholicparishnetworks.com/jobs

i think proble / in anchor tag use this and pet me know your problem is solved or not

<?php
?><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&runame='.$user-get('username'));
?>">PM</a>

Thank you AArti, but the code did not work. I reveive this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get() in /home/content/20/11552120/html/administrator/components/com_contentbuilder/classes/contentbuilder.php(555) : eval()'d code on line 1

try this

<?php
?><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&runame='.$user->get('username'));
?>">PM</a>

I still get an error.
It seems like its picking up the user thats logged in in and not the one on the table.
/component/uddeim/?task=new&runame=chargers

use this if you want to pass user id in link i don't understand what is you requirment but just give a try

<?php
 $user=JFactory::getUser();
 $logged_id_user_id=$user->username;
?>
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_
('index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&runame='.$logged_id_user_id;
?>">PM</a>

Thank you very much for the help but it still doesnt work. I appreciate it.

please can you explain what exactly you want to do and give complete code also

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.