Hi everyone,

Can you help me ?? how to install a laravel-master PHP Framework, Using the XAMPP? I tried to install but I failed. Also, watching youtube video tutorials but their example is WAMPP server. In my part Im capable in XAMPP cause this is my practice in my web based development.

Purposed: I'm creating a project for myself, and want this to my thesis/capstone in my Masteral degree:

-HR/Payroll Solutions
    -Finance and Accounting Solutions
    -Contact Management Solutions
    -Employee Sytem

Sincerely,
Darryl

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I don't know all about in framework in PHP, but when I heard that the PHP Framework is past and good for the PHP developer, especially to newbie like me. t

can you help the steps to install the laravel to XAMPP server.

thanks.
Darryl

Go to: https://github.com/laravel/laravel

Click on download in the right side of the page, unzip the file and move everything to the folder that will run the website. Use the installation notes to be sure to create a public_html directory, this is where you have to publish css and javascript files.

Another method consists into the installation of Composer:

And then run this command from the prompt of commands (cmd.exe):

composer create-project laravel/laravel --prefer-dist .

Where the dot is the path in which you want to install the framework.

@cereal: thanks for you reply, but i download already the file of Laravel.

my problem is, how can I install laravel using XAMPP server?

I extracted the file to my webroot in xampp. I executed the cmd.exe to install the distation.

here is my configuration in CMD.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Darryl>cd c:\xampp\www\laravel
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\Darryl>cd c:\xampp\htdocs\www\laravel

c:\xampp\htdocs\www\laravel>php artisan key:generate
'php' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

c:\xampp\htdocs\www\laravel>

Error..

Try to add the extension to the command, so: php.exe

If it does not work, it means that XAAMP didn't defined the system environment path, so the command line does not know where php.exe is located. At this point you can try to execute the command by adding the path, for example:

> c:\php\php.exe artisan key:generate

Or add the path to the system. I cannot test, back in Windows XP you had to do this procedure:

I don't know if this is current also for the latest versions of Windows, you may want to read this:

Otherwise wait for more appropriate help, bye!

Cereal's instruction is precise.

The php not recognized as internat or external command error is probably due to your system setting.

1. Open your command prompt.
  2. type

php -v

you should see what version of php is on your computer. If you don't see this, then you will have to set the system environment variables and make sure **C:\xampp\php; ** is included there. I am not going to elaborate on this, because you probabaly know more about this than me due to the fact that you are a professor.

1. Follow Cereal's recommendation.. He mentioned that one alternative of installing laravel is through composer which I believe is the most effective way of installing laravel.

2. Install composer by downloading it here.

3. After installing the composer, go to C:/xampp/htdocs and create your laravel directory. e.g. c:/xampp/htdocs/laravel.

4. Open your command prompt and then paste this.

composer create-project laravel/laravel

It is ok not to include the prefer dis, it will eventually install the latest from the packagist.org.

Composer should have created these directories

laravel
 +laravel
     +app
     +bootstrap
     +public
     +vendor
     composer.json
     composer.lock
     server.php
     artisan
     // and other files.

direct your browser to http://localhost/laravel/laravel/public/ , you should see the laravel message "You Have Arrived".

if you don't want the laravel/laravel on your url, use this command on install

composer create-project laravel

instead of

composer create-project laravel/laravel

@cereal: thanks for your instructions, I got it, I install php.exe and composer.

but the problem is when i run a cmd , it show an error.

like this:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Darryl>cd c:\xampp\htdocs\www\laravel

c:\xampp\htdocs\www\laravel>php artisan key:generate

Warning: require(C:\xampp\htdocs\www\laravel\bootstrap/../vendor/autoload.php):
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\laravel\
bootstrap\autoload.php on line 17

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\www\laravel\boo
tstrap/../vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\
htdocs\www\laravel\bootstrap\autoload.php on line 17

c:\xampp\htdocs\www\laravel>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.