Let me explain what I mean by that.... I want to make a members portal on which every one will post so what I want is that every user/member must have their own Control Panel where they can do the following:

add new post, delete their own posts, change their personal details and change their password.

can any one guide me how can we do that.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Make a single control panel, and when they login, do some CRUD on their information.

There are thousands of tutorials out there, so I'll leve that up to you.

Topics you might need, some linking to documentation for a learning resource:

Hello I am a newbie so can you give explain it in detail with some codings as how to do crud, I know about creating $_sessions, creating forms, but don't know about CRUD. So please guide me.

CRUD stands for Create, Read, Update, Delete. It's pretty much SQL in a nutshell.
Create: Write to a database;
Read: Read from a database/table;
Update: Alter a database/record;
Delete: Delete a database/table/record

Here is a tutorial for SQL.

can you provide me a link on which I can manage to make one panel for example user_panel.php which when accessed by users can see their own profile, their own posted articles and their own posted articles deletion option?

ok good.... then please don't reply if you can't help a newbie here.

commented: I've posted what you need; go and RTFM. We're not here to do your homework. Consider donating to DaniWeb and then you'll get higher quality responses. -1

I've posted what you need; go and RTFM. We're not here to do your homework.

You are here to help me by providing the Manual thanks for it. But I need solid help, you said there are plenty of tutorials for such thing can you provide one or you will reply just like the way you are doing by wasting your own and mine time.

I posted a SQL tutorial up there ^^, as well as all the documentation you'll need for this*. Go and read it all.

Member Avatar for diafol

You are here to help me by providing the Manual thanks for it. But I need solid help, you said there are plenty of tutorials for such thing can you provide one or you will reply just like the way you are doing by wasting your own and mine time.

With respect Tanveer, this is a learning platform as much as anything and the best way to learn is not to be given everything on a plate. There are plenty of other sites out there that will do this for you, but I would imagine you'd be flamed to hell and back on a site like Stackoverflow with a question like that.

can you provide me a link

This is YOUR responsibility. You were pointed in the right direction. You are expected to do some work on this before coming back and asking for more help.

The contributors on Daniweb are here on a voluntary basis. We are not here on your beck and call, so to get a little shirty with a member who has given you some info is a bit rich.

commented: Couldn't have said it better myself. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.