I just installed phpmyadmin with sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin but now I can't figure out how to get it started. The installation did place a phpmyadmin directory in /etc/ but I don't have anything in /var/www/html/ . I installed this several years ago and it placed a start icon in my start menu but it didn't do that this time. How do I get phpmyadmin to start in the web browser if there are no phpmyadmin files in the apache directory?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi, read this guide:

In particular follow the instructions for Ubuntu 13.10+, you have to include the configuration file into the server, the guide refers to Apache.

Anyway, I prefer to install it directly from source, to get the latest version. Just uncrompress to a directory in /var/www/, assign a local domain (for example phpmyadmin.sql) and follow the setup guide from PHPMyAdmin.

phpmyadmin is starting in the browser but I'm getting this erro at the bottom of the page. Anyone know anything about this?
The mcrypt extension is missing. Please check your PHP configuration.

This is required by PHPMyAdmin when using the cookie authentication method. Install the php5-mcrypt package from apt and the error should disappear. More info about the extension here:

Install on RPM package or just copy files (phpmyadmin files) and past weare you want

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.