when i attempt to access my php pages at:
<snipped>
everytime i try to submit a form or click on a new page nothing loads until i hit refresh. this does not happen with netscape, only with internet explorer, and it only happens on my machine, not on anybody else's machine.

i can't program if i can't view my own pages without refreshing all the time. has anyone else had this problem? is there a configuration problem with my browser??

-ohad

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

sounds like an IE config problem. try this.
open up IE, goto tools->internet options-> general->settings> check the radio button "every visit to the page".

Weird. Maybe a cookie hasn't been cleared, since browsers store cookies differently. Try clearning the cookies in IE that are related to your site. This is a very weird error indeed. Have you tried asking others to view the site or tried on another computer with IE?

yeah, it works fine from other computers, and works fine with my netscape. it is just my IE that needs to be refreshed

yeah, it works fine from other computers, and works fine with my netscape. it is just my IE that needs to be refreshed

If you cannot fix the problem in IE I would suggest just trying another browser such as Mozilla Firefox.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

when i attempt to access my php pages at:
<snipped>
everytime i try to submit a form or click on a new page nothing loads until i hit refresh. this does not happen with netscape, only with internet explorer, and it only happens on my machine, not on anybody else's machine.

i can't program if i can't view my own pages without refreshing all the time. has anyone else had this problem? is there a configuration problem with my browser??

-ohad

Were you able to figure out what the problem was? I have 2 pc's that do the same when they run .jsp pages.

My guess is that it's the cache. That happens to me too only when I'm developing in ASP.NET my computer caches the page, so I have to hit refresh to see the updated page. Just give it an hour or so and you sohuld be fine. I think you can also set IE to NOT cache pages.

My guess is that it's the cache. That happens to me too only when I'm developing in ASP.NET my computer caches the page, so I have to hit refresh to see the updated page. Just give it an hour or so and you sohuld be fine. I think you can also set IE to NOT cache pages.

We have the same problem. Yes, it does happen with dynamic pages, even though it wouldn't stand to reason.

The problem exists in this way for us: when you type in the URL for the first time in a browser session, and by chance you get a parse or other error because we're updating the site at that time, it will necessitate quitting the browser to avoid constantly seeing the error. Of course, the user can always refresh the page, but clicking 'Back' revives the error until the user again refreshes.

It isn't the cache. I've tried emptying the cache and temp folders but it still doesn't work. However, if you create a new user profile it works.

-M

Manually delete all your cookies and run IE repair from add/remove programs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.