I am not much of a web designer/programmer I need some help this might be a easy question for most but, not me.

You guys know when you upload pictures to a site and most sites have a standard format. Example I upload 1000 pictures via FTP it will assort them out in a nice looking format on the web page atomically. This is what I want to do can anybody help if so holler.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You guys know when you upload pictures to a site and most sites have a standard format.

Standard format? What do you mean? I've never had to worry about image formats when I upload them to a server. :cool:

Example I upload 1000 pictures via FTP it will assort them out in a nice looking format on the web page atomically. This is what I want to do can anybody help if so holler.

Nice looking format? You mean as thumbnails? If so, then I would imagine it's some PHP file installed in that directory that scans that directory for images, creates thumbnails out of them, and lets you see the real image upon click. I've never been on any server that has this though. The only thing I can imagine you're talking about is the default listing Apache/IIS makes when there isn't an index file in the directory or has been configured to allow browsing of directories. Then, in that case, you see a list of files.

If you're looking for something album related, check out hotscripts.com and search for "album" in the PHP section.

You got it your a smart man. Just upload pictures to a FTP album thingy and output comes like this. All pictures are the same size and the thumbnails are creating in a php page or html page. Check this out.

http://www.cpixel.com/view_exalbums.asp?aid=185172

Just like this type of format you got me?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.