kn3rdmeister.com/feed/
I'm going to admit that when I made my website and feed, I was very much copying the styles and structures of mega64.com, especially the way their RSS feed was built. I know that it's made by WordPress, and not Mega64 themselves, but still, it's their feed.

I'm a novice at RSS overall. My feed is created using PHP. I tell the document that it's an XML file, and then pull the latest 15 or so posts from my MySQL database. The feed works, but only for the most recent of posts.

By the time that the XML file had actually been created, I had six or so blog entries. So when I first created it, my RSS readers (google.com/reader and the gReader app for Android) are displaying that everything was posted on one day, which it wasn't. The day after first making the feed, I had to remake it or something (don't recall, it was late at night), so now I have duplicates of the first few posts.

In order of most recent to oldest blog entries, this is how the readers are displaying my posts:
11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, 6, 1 <- Post ID's

As you can see, the first six posts are duplicated and placed at the end of the feed in a jumbled order... What the heck happened? :P Don't know what I'm doing...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't see any duplicates, so am guessing your old versions are cached.

I don't see any duplicates, so am guessing your old versions are cached.

Oh, awesome. Time for a clean cache flush... I've been doing those a lot lately :)

Yeah, it's gotta be Google doing something. I'm sure they have things cached on their servers for my account to use later, but it looks fine everywhere else.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.