I'm not a pro. I am a psychologist working in a treatment facility and I would like to end the nightmare of assigning manually 60 kids to n groups. When I do that by hand, I always forget a couple or have the same ones in 2 or 3 groups (OK that might be the age) and I have to retype the stupid form ten times. There should be a drag and drop thing that I could use to have my list on one side and a series of boxes on the other and just drag each kid where he needs to go..?
Can someone help or refer me somewhere?
Thanks!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm not a pro. I am a psychologist working in a treatment facility and I would like to end the nightmare of assigning manually 60 kids to n groups. When I do that by hand, I always forget a couple or have the same ones in 2 or 3 groups (OK that might be the age) and I have to retype the stupid form ten times. There should be a drag and drop thing that I could use to have my list on one side and a series of boxes on the other and just drag each kid where he needs to go..?
Can someone help or refer me somewhere?
Thanks!!!

Can't you just put the list into Excel with one column for the kids' names, and one column for each group; then put an 'X' where the 'kid_name' row intersects with the 'group_name' column. You could see immediately if there was a problem if you set the ZOOM so you can see all the kids at one time. If you see a row with more than one column, you can zoom in. You can set the filters for each column to see who is in each group. Conversely, you can have only 2 column; one for kids and one for groups and enter the various group names next to the kid. Again you can filter them to see what kids are in which group.

Does this help? I know it is not a complicated idea but what the heck.

Thanks for your response.
That's a good idea. With all this fancy drag/drop/click/pull and stuff, I was just wondering whether there was something I could use to just drag the kid's name from the pool and where it should go.
I guess your suggestion is the best at this point. Tkanks for your time Grim!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.