Did you reapply the hack after the upgrade? Unfortunately I can't be much assistance because I still use 3.0.7. In addition, I'm no longer using the complete version of the hack.

Yes I was in a hurry this morning but now it works :) ! tks.

Just a problem on a forum home like http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum33.html.

To order by replies, views and last message I've got this kind of link :

forumdisplay.php?f=9&daysprune=10-1-views-desc
forumdisplay.php?f=9&daysprune=10-1-replycount-desc

It wasn't like this before I think.

Thanks for your help for this great mod !

I know this is abit off-topic, but for someone not so familiar with VB and coding, this seems very difficult to do. Would there be a section on this site where I might be able to hire someone with the skills to do this on my VB board? Thanks..

Hello and big thx for this "Hack" :)

It workes perfect ;)

But i've a little problem, on my board i installed two bought styles, wich have different template-edits, this makes it difficult for me to hack this templates, beause they're not like the vB-standard.
Is there a way to see what was changed on the templates?? Maybe you could tell everyone (me :D) the template-edits... :)

The second thing, are the fixes wich are posted in this thead in your first post includet or have i go throug the thread and make the things you told?

nice greetz,
Sven
<< url snipped >> (the mod_rewrite is running on my testvb)

Sorry for spam, but i couldn't edit my post (ya know the 30 min.)

Third question, i tested the mod_rewrite on my testvb and realised that vB is still working with the normal not mod_rewrite-hacked Styles and the hacked Seo-Style, ist this normal. Could this make any problems?

Is it enough to hack just the standard-style or install your style and change the header/footer/css? For the spiders it must be enough, or not? What would you do? Hack all Styles (if i get the edits) or swich just the hackt to standard???

Greetz

I believe that for the most part everything is covered in the first one or two pages of the thread. Unfortunately, this hack does not yet work (to the best of my knowledge) with multiple styles. The dropdown menu to change the style doesn't seem to work as intended.

Well, I applied the modification in full. Whew! What a workout. :P
Great stuff, though, I hope it makes Google love me as much as Yahoo! does (Yahoo! gives me like 10 to 20 Slurp bots at any given time, lol). Google is awfully picky, but it oughtta like the .html more.

Two things seem to have been overlooked (that I have noticed).
One is the "Forum Jump" menu near the footer.
Another is when deleting or editing a message, it goes back to php.

Thanks for the great mod!
Locke

Thank you soo much ;)

A great work really, do I need to re-submit my site to Google again?

What about server load issues?

any problems in that area?

Thanx

Is this hack works with 3.5 vbulletin : )

I think that it does not work and it will be necessary to hope that "cscgal" it makes new a tutoria for vBulletin 3.5

Salu2

Does this also work in Version 3.5 which I just bought?

Thanks for you reply,

Jeroen

Sorry, this hack is not 3.5 compatible at all. It will be upgraded when DaniWeb upgrades to vB 3.5, in about a month.

URGENT: Is anyone using vBadvanced portal version 1 with this wonderful hack?

The hack has been successfully applied but realized that the index page where vBadvanced is installed comes out blank.

Hello there,

I've got a new template style ready to use but after the style has been completed using the mod_rewrite hack, the CMPS v1.x would not show up on the index page.

Is anyone willing to resolve this one problem? I'm willing to pay $10 (USD) via Paypal or other payment method.
If you are familiar with CMPS v1, solving this problem might be easy as cake for you.

Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

URGENT: Is anyone using vBadvanced portal version 1 with this wonderful hack?

The hack has been successfully applied but realized that the index page where vBadvanced is installed comes out blank.

Hmm...couldn't find the edit button.
I've found a webmaster that helped me out on the previos request.

The hack was applied successfully! :mrgreen:

However, shouldn't the sub-forum link on the FORUMHOME be also .html and not .php?

The subforum link still shows up as .php.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

cscgal, could you teach us on how to setup the /archive/ so that it is similar to the one at www.DaniWeb.com (points to the original .html thread rather than show the same content on the archive .html thread)?

cscgal, is the subforum link (on forumhome) suppose to have the converted .html link too?
If so, how so? :o

cscgal, is the subforum link (on forumhome) suppose to have the converted .html link too?
If so, how so? :o

Bump...anybody. :)

Hey there, anyone tried it on version 3.0.9 ?

does it work ok?

This hack is now obsolete! Pleaes visit the new version:

[thread]35147[/thread]

Love the quick & dirty hack. But for those that have already installed this version of the hack....

1) The Multi-Page thread link - does it all work for you guys?

2) And how can you make all visitors and bots alike to see the .html pages rather than the showthread.php pages?
The hack was successfully installed but the MSN bots still caches the showthread pages. All guests and bots are suppose to see the .html rewrite pages. Confused.

This hack is now obsolete! Pleaes visit the new version:

[thread]35147[/thread]

includes/functions_online.php

$userinfo['where'] = "<a href=\"showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid\" title=\"$threadpreview\">$threadtitle</a>";
	$userinfo['where'] = "<a href=\"thread$threadid.html\" title=\"$threadpreview\">$threadtitle</a>";

$userinfo['where'] = "<a href=\"showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]p=$postid#postid=$postid\" title=\"$threadpreview\">$threadtitle</a>";
	$userinfo['where'] = "<a href=\"post$postid.html#post$postid\" title=\"$threadpreview\">$threadtitle</a>";

$userinfo['where'] = "<a href=\"forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forumid\">$forumtitle</a>";
$userinfo['where'] = "<a href=\"forum$forumid.html\">$forumtitle</a>";

Also, in functions_online.php, after

$userinfo['values'] = $values;

insert

// added by dani for seo hack
if (eregi("thread([0-9]+).html$", $filename, $tmatch)) 
{ 
$filename = 'showthread.php'; 
$values['threadid'] = $tmatch[1];
} 

if (eregi("forum([0-9]+).html$", $filename, $fmatch)) 
{ 
$filename = 'forumdisplay.php'; 
$values['forumid'] = $fmatch[1];
} 

if (eregi("post([0-9]+).html$", $filename, $pmatch)) 
{ 
$values['postid'] = $pmatch[1];
} 
if (eregi("post([0-9]+).html#post([0-9]+)$", $filename, $pmatch)) 
{ 
$values['postid'] = $pmatch[1];
} 
// added by dani for seo hack

Thanks for everyone's support with this hack over the last months. Keep in mind, as always, please don't redistribute my code in any way, shape, or form, on other websites, or in print. While I am offering use of this code for free, I put many hours into figuring out the algorithm, coding it, and publishing it, and it is still my intellectual property, and I would like the display of the code, itself, it to stay on DaniWeb only. I appreciate your cooperation. This also ensures that everyone can get support all in one place. :)

And as always, a link back is much appreciated but not necessary!;)

You've forget the announcement!?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.