I think this should be easy but I'm not a techy.
Problem: The checkout screen on my site allows the logged in user to change their address details but doesn't appear to update the stored data before sending them off to the payment service provider.
The code on the CGI checkout page is:
print ("<P><H3>Please confirm your address details</H3><BR>Change any fields as necessary, then click the button to continue.<P>\n");

print ("<TABLE BORDER=1 ALIGN=CENTER>");
		print ("<TR><TD>Full name:</TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=fullname VALUE=\"$custdata{'fullname'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD>Address:</TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=address1 VALUE=\"$custdata{'address1'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD> </TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=address2 VALUE=\"$custdata{'address2'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD> </TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=address3 VALUE=\"$custdata{'address3'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD>Postcode:</TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=postcode VALUE=\"$custdata{'postcode'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD>Telephone:</TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=phone VALUE=\"$custdata{'phone'}\" SIZE=16></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD>E-mail: </TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=email VALUE=\"$custdata{'email'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("</TABLE>");

print "<TABLE ALIGN=CENTER>";
		print ("<TR><TD COLSPAN=2 ALIGN=CENTER><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE=\"Continue to next stage\"></TD></TR>");
		print ("</TABLE>");
		print ("</FORM>");

If it's any help, the code to update details from within the customer account CGI page is:

print ("<P><FONT SIZE=+1>You may update your address details here.</FONT><BR>Change any fields as needed, then press UPDATE.\n");
		print ("<FORM ACTION=\"${cgibin}accountstatus.cgi\" METHOD=POST>");
		print ("<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=actn VALUE=update>");
		print ("<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=username VALUE=$form{'username'}>");
		print ("<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=password VALUE=$form{'password'}>");
		print ("<TABLE BORDER=1 ALIGN=CENTER>");
		print ("<TR><TD>Full name:</TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=fullname VALUE=\"$custdata{'fullname'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD>Address:</TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=address1 VALUE=\"$custdata{'address1'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD> </TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=address2 VALUE=\"$custdata{'address2'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD> </TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=address3 VALUE=\"$custdata{'address3'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD>Postcode:</TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=postcode VALUE=\"$custdata{'postcode'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD>Telephone: </TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=phone VALUE=\"$custdata{'phone'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD>E-mail: </TD><TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=email VALUE=\"$custdata{'email'}\" SIZE=30></TD></TR>");
		print ("<TR><TD COLSPAN=2 ALIGN=CENTER><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE=\"Click to update\"></TD></TR>");
		print ("</TABLE>");
		print ("</FORM>");

I'm pretty sure that the line I want is:
print ("<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=actn VALUE=update>");
from the accountstatus CGI page but can I just insert it into the checkout CGI page??

Resolved. Being non techy and having no offline version to work on I was a bit nervous of messing up the live site but I bit the bullet and inserted the line I had referred to and it worked. Database now updates on 'continue'. Thanks anyway!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.