hello,

i need to add a chat room to my website. does anyone recommended any free chat room i can add to mywebsite?

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Instead of chat, why don't you think about a shoutbox

I have one by shoutmix on my site

http://www.shoutmix.com/shoutbox/home

It's a bit slower than chat, and you can't see who is online, but, he he, it is easier to do.

Nice posts there, do either of you actually use them on your sites, be good to see either in operation so to speak.

I did think about adding one, but unless you have a lot of people viewing your site at the same time, it wouldn't really work. One good thing about shoutbox, you can view posts, and comment on, content added whilst you were "offline".

ok you can have one !! but whats ur site ? it will be same like mine

http://www.recesscafe.com/chat

I still need to modify certain things there but still its good. And top banner u can modify !! u can put ur own chat room name banner and u can change the background colour ? and on best part is that there is no advertisement !!
so first tell me what is ur site's URL

@nilisha: Why do you type all your messages in bold?

So it catches eyes easily ............ like just urs did.........

@nilisha: Why do you type all your messages in bold?

So it catches eyes easily ............ like just urs did.........

It hurts the eyes, dumbo. It catches the eyes and irritates me. I'm surprised how I haven't got into flaming mode yet.

And make some effort to type complete words like 'yours'. You can save some keystrokes by avoiding all the dots. ;)

hello i am kAi. I have a blog website i cannt add chat because it doesnt support java script

its a very interesting idea
i will be benefacial to many

Nice posts there, do either of you actually use them on your sites, be good to see either in operation so to speak.

I did think about adding one, but unless you have a lot of people viewing your site at the same time, it wouldn't really work. One good thing about shoutbox, you can view posts, and comment on, content added whilst you were "offline".

I'm absolutely sure that adding chat or blog to the site may be very useful, as it is a way to evaluate your customers' needs, review their opinions, complaints, etc. And get the overall attitude towards your site/business that is useful for analysis of your site/business.

However, it is reasonable to open a chat only if you have enough customers who would communicate there.

Cheers!

Tis an old thread, but certainly caught my attention. Perhaps I may pitch in my $0.02..

With the new trend of "social media", I think adding a chat to a blog / website is a nice way to reach out to your audience and also build a community around your site.

It's also a good way to "get to know" your audience through small talks, especially for a blog.

One good embeddable chat I'd recommend is Chatroll (http://chatroll.com). It's a community of "live forums" that also serves as embeddable chat.

Here is another article about it:
http://blog.chatroll.com/how-to/add-a-blog-chat-room-in-3-easy-steps

The only drawback (or advantage?) is that its not flash based. So it can't nicely integrate into a site built on flash..

Cheers!

You should try fnkmedia 30 day trials.
Click to connect applications they will only give you one link and you and your visitors gets connected.

Javascript is I think able to facilitate this query. isnt it?

look for freelance project of jauharimedia or on the boomerhosting

i am loving this website so far

For those interested to embed a chat directly in your website, I’d like to recommend using Chatroll!

hello,

i need to add a chat room to my website. does anyone recommended any free chat room i can add to mywebsite?

i also want to add a chat room for my vbulletin forum.
please any body tell us the way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.