hello,

I am very disapointed by facebook like button, because it throws stupid error when I set color checme to light. But it works perfectly when I set color scheme to dark :D come on where is the logic? I spent all day trying to figure out this stupid thing :(

And when I click on the error link I get:

The page failed to provide a valid list of administrators. It needs to specify the administrators using either a "fb:app_id" meta tag, or using a "fb:admins" meta tag to specify a comma-delimited list of Facebook users.

I added one of the admins id even before I found that it works with dark color scheme.

Then later I tried just change the colors to light by using css, but its iframe, so I didn't manage to do it, now sure if its posible.

Is facebook joking at me or what?

<div id="fb-root"></div>
	<script>(function(d, s, id) {
			var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
			if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
			js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
			//js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/lt_LT/all.js#xfbml=1&appId=YOUR_APP_ID";
			js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/lt_LT/all.js#xfbml=1";
			fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
		  }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<fb:like href="<?php echo get_bloginfo('url') ?>" send="false" width="270" show_faces="true" colorscheme="light" font="tahoma"></fb:like>

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I think you need to remove the colorscheme attribute for light (it's default anyway according to the button page).

I tried removing even several times, didn't help :(

I tried sitting to thet facebook like button again. And figured out that simply using the code directly from facebook and inserting into page by hand works much better than those stupid wordpress facebook plugins.

Only one thing - I found I was using meta tags for that facebook button in head section and thats why they the button pointed to some weird url. That url was in those meta tags, probably I copied from somewhere and didn't notice the url. So I now removed those meta tags, and inserted the facebook code from facebook page:

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=<?php echo get_bloginfo('url') ?>&layout=standard&show_faces=true&width=450&action=like&colorscheme=light"scrolling="no" frameborder="0"  allowTransparency="true"style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:280px; height:60px"></iframe>

It generates ok source, but I still see on my page that it points to that old url. And I don't know if this is cached somewhere or I still have something to edit?

Perhaps because you used some plugin, there's still a setting somewhere for that URL that is used (but I am not familiar with WP). Can't you clear your cache ?

I don't know if I can clear something. But if there was some wordpress cache, I would see in the html source what is generated and I would find that url which I don't like. But there is no such. So maybe the facebook is caching something, but how can I be sure?

Perhaps in your database ? Otherwise just wait a day, or use a machine you've never used for your site before.

But somehow I doubt that facebook would take something from my site database. It should read only html that my page outputs. I guess I will have to wait. But if anybody has more info then you are welcome to tell :) At least there should be some article by facebook or documentation about this, but I dind't find yet. If it says you have to wait, then thats it, we wait. And for developer it should be some tool to clear the cache if they cache, because how can you develop something if you have to wait days for every adjustment.

Today I checked again, and still when I click like, it shares wrong url :( here is live version:

Edit: live version removed. I inserted html5 and it finally works :) I could not believe what I saw :) wow this was sick. But only problem is that htmlį is not supported by ie7 and ie8. But at least on modern browsers it works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.