ok, so just installed my VB board, and was playing around with it, and now i think its Broken! Have a couple of problems.

Firstly my smilies dont show for some of my usergroups, it shows for admin. Could anyone tell me where in VB would you go to find Smiley management?

Also i think i might have killed the "PM_STATUS" (the Welcome, aeroguy. PMs: 0 Unread, Total 0. ). This doesnt show for any of my usergroups or admin. Any idea where i can turn this on again?

Finally, i find it quite annoying that when i click on a thread i am taken to the last post, how to change it, to make it go to the first instead.

Thank you

Hi aeroguy! Welcome to DaniWeb. While we can help you with a lot of the simpler things, you might be better off going straight to vbulletin.com for assistance. Basically, if you go into the vBulletin Admin Control Panel, there should be a heading in the left frame entitled Smilies. You can edit the location of Smilies on the server hdd via the Smilie Manager.

Use the Style Manager and click on the Edit Templates in the drop down menu next to the style you are using. There should be an option to revert templates which you've edited back to their default.

To change what happens when you click on a thread title, you'll want to edit the threadbit template.

Replace

<if condition="$show['gotonewpost']">
	<strong><a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$thread[threadid]$thread[highlight]" id="thread_title_$thread[realthreadid]">$thread[threadtitle]</a></strong>
   <else />
	<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$thread[threadid]$thread[highlight]" id="thread_title_$thread[realthreadid]">$thread[threadtitle]</a>
   </if>

with

<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$thread[threadid]$thread[highlight]" id="thread_title_$thread[realthreadid]">$thread[threadtitle]</a>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.