Hi,

Doing a bit of research at the moment on how to structure my web App.

So far I've decided on using PhoneGap with jQueryMobile client-side, which will request and update information in a database hosted on a remote server running php and mysql. From the tutorials I've seen online, would I be correct in saying that the php scripts I need to interface with the database server-side are individual .php files called by the client side? My knowledge is limited so I appreciate any help :)

What i'm attempting to do is load information from the database into multiple controls on the phone, and allow any changes to be saved back to the database running on the server. I don't have a phone to work step by step through at the moment but I'm trying to guage how I can structure the program before I go full steam ahead!

Any tips or suggestions on how I can better this are most welcome!

Cheers,

Mike

Member Avatar for LastMitch

So far I've decided on using PhoneGap with jQueryMobile client-side, which will request and update information in a database hosted on a remote server running php and mysql. From the tutorials I've seen online, would I be correct in saying that the php scripts I need to interface with the database server-side are individual .php files called by the client side? My knowledge is limited so I appreciate any help :)

Yes, if you need to used a querys and php. The file should be only php file.

What i'm attempting to do is load information from the database into multiple controls on the phone, and allow any changes to be saved back to the database running on the server. I don't have a phone to work step by step through at the moment but I'm trying to guage how I can structure the program before I go full steam ahead!

That is called ajax.

You can read this article about phonegap applications:

http://www.tricedesigns.com/2013/01/18/my-workflow-for-developing-phonegap-applications/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.