Hi everyone,

First time poster so please don't bite my head off. Basically, I'm having a site built for me and I don't really know anything about coding but I'm not too sure if I trust my web developer. I asked him recently about adding a feature where I could display built-in videos like the following page - http://www.ejot.co.uk/buildingfasteners.odl and he quoted me quite a high amount for it.

I just wanted to double check with you guys whether this is a difficult feature to add in and whether it justifies a reasonable amount of money on top of what I'm already paying him.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Alan

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@lparkerito

I just wanted to double check with you guys whether this is a difficult feature to add in and whether it justifies a reasonable amount of money on top of what I'm already paying him.

It's not a difficult to add this feature on to the page it's just where you want the video to be. The only minor issue is that you will need to learn how upload the video or embedded the code and add caption.

difficulty always depends on who you ask. If someone has the knowledge, then its not necessarily about the difficulty really, its about the time it takes to develop the solution.

With regard to the example you provided, a custom solution may not be required because there are a lot of free examples online that will provide that solution.

its a simply overlay that hosts video content. I wouldnt classify it as very challenging but its not something I put together routinely so it would take me longer than a developer that does it often.

Thanks for the advice LastMitch and JorgeM, I really appreciate it. I think I might go back to my developer with this info and see if he's willing to drop the price he's quoted me for the additional work.

Thanks again,

Alan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.