Hello. I have a website that I'm selling clothing. I am a complete novice but I just want to pointed in the right direction of what technology to use. I want to create something where the user can see a 3D image of the garment and customize it. I want to so something like the NikeID site and the Scion site where the shoe/car is a 3D image you can rotate and choose your colors etc. I think I need some kind of mass customization technology. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Hello. I have a website that I'm selling clothing. I am a complete novice but I just want to pointed in the right direction of what technology to use. I want to create something where the user can see a 3D image of the garment and customize it. I want to so something like the NikeID site and the Scion site where the shoe/car is a 3D image you can rotate and choose your colors etc. I think I need some kind of mass customization technology. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

@edogg23

You need a software to do 3-D and convert it to shockwave file or a gif then upload to the website

Ok. Thanks. Can the object then be rotated on screen and interact with the user? For example can the user rotate the object and click on it to choose a color? Like on the car sites where you can customize your car color, interior, etc?

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Ok. Thanks. Can the object then be rotated on screen and interact with the user? For example can the user rotate the object and click on it to choose a color? Like on the car sites where you can customize your car color, interior, etc?

You can do that in HTML5 code but what you are asking is really more related to a software interactive implement to a website

Ok. Thanks. I haved actaully found something that I think will do what I need. It is three.js. It is a javascript library used with HTML 5 to create 3d graphics in the web browser.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.