Please i am facing another issue .. If I could get help, I am trying to get a direct query of this site www.torn.com's Login form just as a direct google search is www.google.com/search?q=whatever+you+want+to+search .. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

The website has a login form probably you should go there now, i want a direct query that i could just input in my browsers address bar that would log me in directly for instance if you check the html source of the webpage the form action= authenticate.php .. so what have been trying is www.torn.com/authenticate.php?player=something&password=something but it does not work!

That's because the form uses the POST method, not the GET. You can try with curl, but the form may be protected against that.

i could just input in my browsers address bar that would log me in directly for instance if you check the html source of the webpag

If you take a look at the source which I assume you have, you can clearly see that the method is set to POST. As pritaeas suggests, you cannot send the parameters via a query string (GET).

<form id="frmLogin" name="login" method="post" action="/authenticate.php">

How do i do the curl stuff ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.