Hello, is it possible to create a website that can receive a command/word from the user, and then search other websites **for a file associated with that word? The file it provides would be based on selecting the file based on a set of **pre-defined criteria. So the site would have to perform scanning/selecting actions in the background while outputting simply the file result to the user.
Can a site perform these background operations such as scanning other sites then selecting a file?
I’m very new but eager to learn and excited to read your replies, thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Possible, yes. My flow would use AJAX most likely. You can use it to trigger the search, and a second to keep fetching results. In the background you can run a script that would store it's results in a database. The second AJAX call would call a script to query those results and show them.

Ok looks like I need to learn AJAX now. Thank you for the quick, informative reply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.