I m getting the following error when trying to add a .mdf file and .log file to my account on somee.com
ERROR--> "You don't have the permission to open this file, contact the file owner or a administrator to obtain permission". I need to get my database on the server and that's the only way that i can achieve this(by providing a .mdf and .log file). My question is, is this a sql server managment studio installation problem(machine problem) or does the server have limitis since it's a free host?
I ve seen a youtube tutorial of someone providing this files and he managed to upload his files. Any suggestions would be great.

Another option is that SQL management studio allows you to export the schema and all of the data to a script file.

If you create the DB using somee's online tool, then run the script, that should work, I would assume.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.