Okay, I'll admit up front that my request is quite presumptious but I need help.

Can anyone here 'give' me the necessary php script to be inserted in my html 'form' that would allow me to accept credit card donations?

Additionally, could you also provide me with the mysql database code too and/or detailed instruction on how to create a database that would accept the form data?

I've learned I think, that action=post means that the form sends the information to the database where it is posted. Do I have that right?

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Storing credit card details is not recommended because of the massive security risks. Personally I'd use one of the premade scripts from someone like www.paypal.com or www.yowcow.com which allow you to receive donations but don't store any sensitive data on your servers.

Storing credit card details is not recommended because of the massive security risks. Personally I'd use one of the premade scripts from someone like www.paypal.com or www.yowcow.com which allow you to receive donations but don't store any sensitive data on your servers.

I'm going to use a Geo-Trust certificate. Doesn't a secure page address the security concern?

The paypal script you refer to, are you saying use paypal OR copy a script they have some where on their website?

I think he's saying that he actually uses the PayPal service (and therefore, the scripts they have running on their site). They don't offer any scripts.

I think he's saying that he actually uses the PayPal service (and therefore, the scripts they have running on their site). They don't offer any scripts.

Yep, that's what I thought. Paypal is not easy enough for my purposes. I need a form/script/mysql.

I've been googling it for a while and I can't find anything interesting. I do have a friend who is a genius with php/mysql etc but I don't think he'd be up for doing it for free if you see what I mean.

When you say Paypal is not easy enough... can I just point out they have recently updated their service. You no longer need a paypal account to send money - so anyone donating can just enter their credit card details, as they would have to do anyway.

Regards
Dave

Exactly what I meant. Sorry I didn't make that clear. :sad:

Jimmy Giles,
I am in a similar dilemma as well, however I don't know Jack Squat about PHP. I believe you would also need an online merchant account, and then use something like Paypal. The "web gods" are doing a good job at banishing all the good free stuff out there.

Member Avatar for Electrohead

Paypal is a great idea. If you learn to work with it you can implement secure forms to accept them which link to personalised Paypal pages to accept the payment. u can also use your own graphics as "Donate" buttons

Hope u get it sorted ;)

i guest it's easier to use a service in accepting credit card payment or donation in your case. You can try infusionsoft and paypal also verifies payment using credit cards. I guess using existing services would be more convenient and secured.

You all seem to be missing what I think is DaveSW's main point: It is a bad idea to actually store credit card info, even if you are being careful and correct. No, using a certificate doesn't ensure safety, it only allows it. This kind of thing (credit card handling) really is best left to the experts. Whether or not you use PayPal, I strongly recommend that you sub-contract the service somehow.

Thread closed before another credit card signature spammer will find it like studentcredit dude.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.