Hi Guys

I hope all is well.

I designing a online magazine using pageflip2 (XML) and Flash 8.
I am trying in incorporate a XML template onto one of the pages and I have placed the XML( template) and the SWF in the pageflip2\images folder.

I am able to open up the SWF in the folder, but the page does not load in the magazine. This is the error report

Error opening URL "file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Warwick/Desktop/billion/bdb%20mag/PageFlip2/./XML/albuminfo.xml"

My XML code is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<pageFlipper>
<settings startPage="1" followSpeed="7" flipSpeed="2" pageFolder="images/" overCornerSize="50"

clickCornerSize="60" flipSound="friction_sound" scaleToFit="false" loadOnDemand="false"

shadowDepth="40" backColor="0xcccccc" displayOnLoad="false" numbering="none" pageOrder="first to

last" />
<page>cover_04.jpg</page>
<page>Page2Mclaren-Slr-722.jpg</page>
<page>page03b.jpg</page>
<page>front_cover.swf</page>
<page>Page5Hamilton-v.jpg</page>
<page>Page4.jpg</page>
<page>page05b.jpg</page>
<page>albuminfo.swf</page>
<page>Page9Bombarider-Lews-Ad-web.jpg</page>
<page>Singapore_rightB.jpg</page>
<page>Singapore_right.jpg</page>
<page>xsmg_leftpage.swf</page>
<page>xsmg_rightpage.swf</page>
</pageFlipper>

I would really appreciate your help

Claudio

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

I don't know what Pageflip is. I think a kind of flash magazine generator. But I still I dont know how it works. The error you have given is not complete.

Anyway, submit ActionScript and clearly tell where each file is, including main magazine swf file. When you don't specify absolute address, flash searches that thing in its relative. Not very sure what happen when we load external movie using loadMovie() . Will check it.

Also while posting code, or some kind of errors use code tags.

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

Info on PageFlip2 can be found on www.flashloaded.com/userguides/pageflipper.

I have copied & pasted the full error message (It seems to repeat itself)

"Error opening URL "file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Warwick/Desktop/billion/bdb%20mag/PageFlip2/./XML/albuminfo.xml"
Error opening URL "file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Warwick/Desktop/billion/bdb%20mag/PageFlip2/./XML/albuminfo.xml"

I have inculed a copy of :
images.xml which is the XML file for pagefillper
abluminfo.xml (this is the xml file I would like to incoporate into the magazine)
intune.zip which has the FLA with the action script

Thank you for time and please let me know if there is any more I should send?

Claudio

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.