Hi everyone,

I'm building my first website and have a question...probably a very simple one, but please bear with me, I'm a noob.

I made an image in Photoshop, and I like the way it turned out, but I have a problem...
the image is of a woman, and next to her I have a box that I want to use to contain a few drop down menus. My problem is, I can't figure out how to insert the drop down menus into the image.

Link to my site

I want to insert the menus in the whitespace underneath the blue header in the box.

In addition to Photoshop, I have several other programs if they are necessary; have Dreamweaver, Illustrator and Flash (all are the CS3 versions, if that matters).

Thanks for any help!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Okay, I figured out that if I use the image as the table background, instead of inserting it directly into the table, I can place the menus wherever I need to.

Now, is there an easy way of aligning the menus into the box? I'm trying to do it through trial and error, but I just threw everything out of whack...so if anyone happens to check out the site, pardon the mess, lol...

bump;

still can't get it aligned properly

Within your CS3 do you have Fireworks? If so (and Image Ready does this too) you can slice up an image and put in drop down menus and it will create all the code (dropdown menus via java script and table cells) with everything perfectly aligned. It might be a lot easier then manually trying to do it.

Within your CS3 do you have Fireworks? If so (and Image Ready does this too) you can slice up an image and put in drop down menus and it will create all the code (dropdown menus via java script and table cells) with everything perfectly aligned. It might be a lot easier then manually trying to do it.

Awesome, thank you very much!

Thanks for sharing useful information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.