hi,

when I save an image as GIF and import in flash its edges get pixelate or distort, can anyone solve this

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Don't save it as a GIF. Save it as a lossless format (tiff, psd, or even jpg with minimal compression). Flash can handle importing multiple formats and compresses these images according to your preferences. So there is no need to import as a GIF unless that is your only available format. If you just want to know why... could be a number of reasons... check your matte/transparent settings, color settings and animated/frames settings. All of these can affect a non-native program's rendering.

It is true what ronniestamps, however he omitted few things. Like importing jpeg/jpg images or any bitmap formats can greatly encrease size of final flash document (then there is available external library). Also all bitmaps are difficult to resize. I do not mean simple drag&drop to resize but after effect on quality of image, you always better to have gigger image and make it smaller becuase trying the oposite may have bad result.
One of the thing you can try to do is use Trace Bitmap Tool like in this example. It does work good with simple graphic that is not composed of gradient colour changes basicaly photos

This problem usually occurs when an image is changed between a palleted form and a non-paletted form. The conversion software does not know how to handle shadings made by alternating paletted pixel colors.

thanks but i need image with transparent background and tiff, psd, and jpg give white color as background. can u pls tell me what and from where to check matte/transparent settings, color settings, and animated/frames setting.

thanks

Don't save it as a GIF. Save it as a lossless format (tiff, psd, or even jpg with minimal compression). Flash can handle importing multiple formats and compresses these images according to your preferences. So there is no need to import as a GIF unless that is your only available format. If you just want to know why... could be a number of reasons... check your matte/transparent settings, color settings and animated/frames settings. All of these can affect a non-native program's rendering.

Used then png. It has quality of jeg and it is capable of transparency

can u tell me how to rectify this problem

This problem usually occurs when an image is changed between a palleted form and a non-paletted form. The conversion software does not know how to handle shadings made by alternating paletted pixel colors.

I already try this also but my problem is not solve yet

Used then png. It has quality of jeg and it is capable of transparency

As Peter_Budo said, use a PNG format for the image, and if necessary, also like he said do a trace bitmap within flash and just delete the outside shape that is created keeping whatever part of the image you want.

PNG 24 with transparency should handle what you need.

If the PNG is not working, what exactly is your image. Is it a circular shape you want to place within Flash? A more indepth explanation or posting it so we can come up with ideas might be good.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.