Hi,
Just curious to know that can a normal gif or jpg (or any graphic) file can have a text /or copyright code embedded inside it? If yes then how can I edit it? I thought this in connections with royalty free pictures available on net.

thanks in advance.
Shantanu

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

NO I dont think you could do so. Those who charge for images, put a big [SAMPLE] stamp on the image.

I used to struggle with this until I started paying for some images from these sites. Some sites are reasonable with their pricing, especially if I really like/need the image. Most also have different sizes for various uses. I even found useful packages such as vector graphics and shapes and brushes.

No,
It's n't possible

NO I dont think you could do so. Those who charge for images, put a big [SAMPLE] stamp on the image.

Thanks for your replies.

That means can I use the royalty free pictures as it is? And what about the pictures that are not royalty free pictures?

It's possible with a .bmp image, since each byte corresponds to a specific point in the image. It makes a speckled part of a horizontal line in the file.

Because data compression is used in other image file types, it is not possible to put such info into other kinds of image files.

Note that anyone who has seen the image in the royalty-free pages will recognize it when he looks at your page.

It's possible with a .bmp image, ...

Thanks MidiMagic. I will remember this in future.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.