I download a web template and I need to change the text on 2 images. The images are only given to me in .gif format. Is there any way to go in and change the text using photoshop?

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This is only possible if the images are in .psd format.

I download a web template and I need to change the text on 2 images. The images are only given to me in .gif format. Is there any way to go in and change the text using photoshop?

Thank you.

well yes 2 ways:-
1) the previous text is invisible/size 0px/doesn't exist at all.

2) the hard way: if some addition is to be done, should be easy.
if very little modification needs to be done, then using brain might help, like when converting 3 to 8
if huge mod needs to be done (complete change of text) and the stratergy of little mod does not works, then erase the text and try recreate the original image background, after you have typed the text.

if its an animated gif, things should be more easy, but can get more difficult too. some grey matter will be required.

in want text editing software in ubuntu

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Open the image in photoshop and change to cmyk or rgb mode if it is a index. Add a new layer and add you text and again save the image as gif from the option save as web.

I personally use Fireworks program to help.

It's impossible to edit i think :D. SO i think you need to have a PSD file ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.