I am not a computer or website guru. I know a little HTML. That's all. I just wrote a book, Radolescents, and created a website for it on tripod.com using their site builder. The name, www.radolescents.com is registered with GoDaddy and forwarded to the tripod site. The true home page name is radolescents.tripod.com/index.html

My site just won't come up in a browser search when I type in "radolescents". The only thing that comes up is the URL on some blog on a chess site. Someone tried to write a comment about the book. Other websites of stores selling the book come up, but not my website.

WHY WON'T WWW.RADOLESCENTS.COM GET PICKED UP BY SEARCH ENGINES? OR
WHY WON'T ANYTHING FROM MY WEBSITE GET A HIT ON SEARCH ENGINES? Something should get a hit, right?

Thanks!
Frustrated in Florida!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Submit your site to all the major search engines.

Sign up for Google Webmaster Tools. This is will tell you the last time that google crawled your site as well as errors such as broken links. Also, submit an xml sitemap to the webmaster tools. There are several free sitemap generators and the webmaster tools will give you links to each. This will give google a roadmap to follow when crawling your page.

Lastly, swap links with other sites. If a site gets crawled and it contains a link to your site, it will bump your search engine rank.

These are just some suggestions. SEO is very complex, but these suggestions should get you in the search results.

Hi serendipity,

Visit www.firstsitesubmission.com for the best way to submit to the major search engines. It is also one of the most cost effective options as well.

Hi serendipity,

Visit www.firstsitesubmission.com for the best way to submit to the major search engines. It is also one of the most cost effective options as well.

THANKS, Smacaa!

Do a search for the url itself on each engine you want.

THanks, MidiMagic & BuddyLee! I am going to try all recommendations!

Also, don't pay to have your site submitted. That's just silly. Submit to Yahoo, MSN, and Google (all free). The rest will find you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.